Working on Gifted Issues (WOGI) is a project funded through the Florida Legislature and the Florida Department of Education to provide professional development and technical assistance related to gifted education. WOGI's mission is to provide support for district coordinators of the gifted, educators who work with gifted learners, and parents of the gifted to foster academic achievement for students who are gifted.
- Professional development opportunities for school district coordinators of the gifted
- Professional development opportunities for teachers of the gifted
- Continued development and revisions for the state-required endorsement courses
- Parental awareness and information related to parenting a gifted child
- Continued development of materials to support Florida’s Frameworks for K-12 Gifted Learners to support educators who work with students who are gifted.
The WOGI lighthouse symbolizes that we are always on the lookout for best practices to guide educators, parents and others who are committed to meeting the needs of gifted children.